- Things to Do
Things to do
Looking for things to do in League City?
With nearly 900 acres of park land and 27 miles of trails, there are plenty of places in League City to explore. Here are some of our favorite ways to enjoy the best of the city.
The Great Outdoors
- Enjoy a waterfront retreat at South Shore Harbour Resort. Pamper yourself with a massage, take a dip in the pool (with swim-up bar!) or take a romantic evening boat cruise on Clear Lake.
- Clear Creek Paddle Trail - Grab your kayak and enjoy a beautiful 6 mile paddling trail. Pack a picnic and enjoy the spectacular views of the lush tropical views along the creek.
- Countryside Park is a local favorite with bike and walking trails, canoe and kayak launch into Clear Creek. A sand volleyball court, softball and baseball field, soccer/football field and pavilion for basketball offer many ways to play. It’s also a hotspot for Pokemon players with two Pokestops.
Birding & Nature
- League City is part of the Clear Lake Loop on the Upper Texas Coast Great Texas Coastal Birding Trail.
- Dr. Ned & Fay Dudney Nature Center - a 148-acre park with paved trails and several bird blinds along Clear Creek. The nature center is an excellent place to view herons, ibises, songbirds and pelicans, among others. Whooping cranes, an endangered species, have also been known to frequent the park.
- Walter Hall Park is a wonderful place known for playgrounds, soccer and picnicking. The park also has a boat ramp and a pier, which provide access to Clear Creek for birding opportunities.
- Challenger 7 Memorial Park, 2301 West NASA Blvd. near Friendswood is another park along Clear Creek. It has a long nature trail and a boardwalk and some of the birds seen here are a wide variety of eastern woodland species along with white-tailed hawks.
- Take in the beauty of Helen’s Garden. This gorgeous park in the heart of the city is perfect for taking photos.
- Explore Historic Downtown - Take a stroll down Main Street, where parks and gardens offer relaxation among 100-year-old homes that now serve as shops and eateries.
- Learn about Longhorns - The Butler Longhorn Museum boasts the largest collection of Texas Longhorn History in the world.
- West Bay Common School and Museum is located within the Historic District of League City and a must see for visitors. There is a old school house which has a covered seating area with old benches and a chalkboard where the children used to be taught their daily lessons. This attraction is well-maintained with exhibits available about the era in which this 1-room school house was fully functional.
Nearby Big Attractions
- Kemah Boardwalk - home to fabulous waterfront restaurants, amusements, charming retail stores, festivals and seaside shows every day.
- Space Center Houston’s space and science exploration learning center has more than 400 things to see and do. Enjoy the galleries, explore the shuttle replica Independence, explore the NASA Johnson Space Center, take a tram tour, discover Mission Mars and tons more.
- Shop The Strand in historic Galveston - We’re a close 20-minute drive to Galveston, where you can play in warm Gulf water or visit shops and museums along the Historic Strand.
- Visit Houston - League City is just minutes from all the amenities of downtown Houston, where you can catch a show in the Theater District or cheer on the Astros or Rockets.